Links

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Install Guide Page 3

26) Network Settings Dialog:

The Network Settings Dialog is next. Under usual circumstances, the Typical settings are fine, but I never choose them so I can poke around under the hood. I selected Custom settings here.
Choose your method and select the Next button.







27) Custom settings:

In the Custom settings, many options are abound. I cannot go into all of them here, but I will hit on the high points.
With this configuration, I will not be using Network Load Balancing, so I left it in the default position of unchecked.







28) File and Print Sharing:

File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks has several options not available with Windows XP Home or Professional.
For this system, I will leave it at the default of Maximize data throughput for file sharing.







29) TCP/IP Properties:

TCP/IP Properties contains the standard options. Adjust them for your particular needs as required. For now, I kept the default settings. Basically, it is using DHCP to configure TCP/IP. If you are using a static IP address, enter in the proper information here.
Select the Advanced button to further configure your TCP/IP options.







30) Workgroup or Computer Domain:

Workgroup or Computer Domain, that is the question. I am not going to set up this system as a domain controller, so I will place it as a member of a workgroup.
Please, change "WORKGROUP" to something else. I hate defaults. :)
Select the Next button after making your choice.






31) Install screen:

Every Microsoft OS states in the install screen that it is "the best ever." It is a big subject of debate whether it could get any worse.
The system will reboot after all files have been copied over to the install partition. Now may be a good time to take a break. It may be awhile.







Previous Page ~ Operating System Guide Index ~ Next Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog